Welcome to Crystal Springs, one of the most luxurious and exclusive 10 bedroom villas located in Barbados. It was once quoted that famous designer Oliver Messel was so talented that “He was able to convert quite ordinary houses into majestic wonderlands.” This is certainly a very accurate description of “Crystal Springs” which was one of his finest projects to date. Crystal Springs is without a doubt one of the finest beachfront villas in all of Barbados. This luxury villa is spread over 2 acres of tropical gardens that lead to an incredible cliff top with stunning ocean views. It has a natural gully running through the property that leads to a wonderful and very sheltered beach.
As you enter the front gates for the first time and drive down towards the main house you will be greeted by your full complement of staff. The staff consists of two gourmet chefs, housekeepers, a butler, gardeners and a boatman (Crystal Springs has a private 18ft speed boat for guests to enjoy). Our team of staff will look after your every need throughout your stay.
Crystal Springs was recently been renovated and now boasts an elegant façade with very stylish interiors. A blend of high quality Bajan furnishings with sublime Italian artwork gives the property a complete sense of relaxation and piece of mind. Now infuse this with the sound of the ocean waves lapping on the beach below to complete the tranquil surroundings.
The property’s main building has 3 bedrooms which are spacious and bright and all come with panoramic views of the Caribbean coastline. Each room features a flat screen tv, ceiling fans and air conditioning. En suite bathrooms are finished to a extremely high standard with imported Italian marble. All bathrooms feature pampering touches such as Seersucker robes, Acqua Di Parma toiletries and blow dryers. All bathrooms here feature open-air showers while most have incredible views of the gully or Caribbean Sea.
Also in the main house are two sets of communicating suites, while the Tea House features both a king and two twin Murphy beds, ideal for young families. All suites are luxuriously appointed with pristine 100% white cotton linens, elegant furnishings and local artwork.
The Annex, adjacent to the main house, suspends over the secluded white sandy cove and gully. Its oceanfront terrace features an intimate bar area. A private stairway leads down to the beach, and at high tide, the water laps the bottom steps, allowing you to literally step right into the Caribbean Sea. The cove is a delightful spot to sunbathe and enjoy water sports, including stand-up paddle boarding, sunfish sailing and snorkelling.
Very few homes on the island of Barbados have beaches with cordoned-off swimming area; Crystal Springs is one of these. Knowing this makes sun bathing and swimming more relaxed and private for our guests. As previously mentioned the property comes with a speedboat and driver so if you fancy a spot of waterskiing, fishing, diving or to simply cruise up and down the coastline – the boat master will be happy to oblige.
Should you desire a good stretch or deep meditation, just below the Annex is an ideal terrace for yoga, looking out to sea with the verdant gully as your backdrop.
The heated infinity swimming pool, finished in a stunning blue Bisazza mosaic tile imported from Italy, is surrounded by inviting chaise loungers. The mosaic tiles whihc line the pool reflect the sparkling sunlight, and the infinity edge offers a window to the sea, where catamarans gracefully sail by. Relax in the shade with a favourite cocktail in hand, or accept the water’s invitation to take a dip beneath the midday sun.
The location Crystal Springs is perched on the cliff side on Alleneyes bay beach which is one of the nicest beaches on the Platinum Coast. Holetown is a mere 2 minute drive away and Speightown or “Old Barbados” as the locals call it is a 5 minute drive.
Holetown is where you will find some of the best restaurants, shops and bars in Barbados. The recently built Lime Grove Centre http://www.limegrove.com/ is full of designer shops all offering tax free prices. There are brand names such as Louis Vuitton, Cartier and Ralph lauren as well as a really good selection of trendy restaurants, bars and a cinema. On the other side of Holetown are the Chattel Shops. Here you will find some really unique boutiques full of fashionable beach ware and gift items. There is also an excellent supermarket and pharmacy.
Alleynes Beach This is a very popular beach from strollers and joggers during the early morning and late evening. In the morning time the beach is partly shaded which is pleasant if the sun gels too hot. During the evening it boasts one of the best views of a Caribbean sun set you will find so be sure not to miss it. Ju Ju’s beach bar is also really close and great for a casual lunch. To find out more about all the wonderful things to do in Barbados, visit our Barbados Guide.
STAFF: Crystal Springs is fully staffed and comes with your own Chef, cook, butler, housemaids, laundress, gardeners, security and boatman. They are extremely proud of Crystal Springs and passionate about their jobs.
They will be on hand to ensure your every need is looked after and your vacation will live in your memory for a long time after you leave Barbados.
Master bedroom: Four poster bed, ensuite bathroom, walk-in wardrobe, coffee machine.
Bedroom Sea Fan: King bed, ensuite bathroom.
Bedroom Guava: King bed, ensuite bathroom.
Annex- Hummingbird: King bed, ensuite bathroom.
Annex – Green Monkey: King bed, ensuite bathroom.
Pool Cottage – Sunset South: Four poster bed, ensuite bathroom, connected to Sunset North.
Pool Cottage – Sunset North: Four poster bed, ensuite bathroom, connected to Sunset South.
The Tea Room – Two room cottage: The master bedroom features a king-sized bed, whilst the sitting room has two twin-sized Murphy beds.
Pavilion North – King bed or twin bed, ensuite bathroom, connected to Pavilion South
Pavilion South - King bed or twin bed, ensuite bathroom, connected to Pavilion North
• Air-conditioning in all bedrooms, home theatre and fitness centre
• Wifi throughout
• Sonos speakers in all public living areas
• Ceiling fans throughout
• Flat screen televisions with cable & AppleTV
• Wine cooler in kitchen and bar area
• An on-site generator can power the entire property in the event of power loss
• Beach shower
• No Smoking within the buildings
• Air-conditioning and ceiling fans
• High end 100% white cotton linens including seersucker bathrobes and slippers
• Jambox by Jawbone Bluetooth speakers
• Flat screen televisions with cable & Apple TV in most bedrooms
• Mini bar and electric kettle
• Security Safe
• Wake-up calls and turn-down service provided
• Italian marble finishes
• Acqua Di Parma spa size shampoo, conditioner, shower gel & body lotion
• Kit of personal amenities such as cotton balls, Qtips and shower cap provided
• Eco-friendly option to reuse towels and linens or have scheduled change service (option to have towels changed daily)
• Electronic gated entrance with intercom
• Security guard(s) on duty from 6pm to 7am
• 18ft speedboat equipped for waterskiing, wakeboarding, tubing and snorkeling
• Two stand-up paddleboards and Sunfish sailboat available
• Royal Westmoreland, Apes Hill Club and Sandy Lane Golf Courses nearby
• Tennis Courts nearby
• Polo Fields nearby
• 1.7 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea
• Six buildings located throughout the property, including the Main House, Annex, Pool Cottage, Tea House, Pavilion and Home Theatre
• Three al fresco dining areas, including a cliff-top gazebo and oceanfront terrace
• Private beach access to secluded swimming cove with cordoned-off swimming area
• Natural gully opens on to an oceanfront terrace perfect for meditation and yoga
• State of the art home theatre with leather reclined seating for 12 and 150+ film library and AppleTV to stream on the big screen
• Private fitness centre features ultramodern equipment by Technogym
• Ideally located on the west coast, equidistant to Holetown and Speightstown